The committee is an active Advisor to the Board of Directors, the CEO, the President and other Committees. The committee will investigate or research policy and advisory issues and then propose action in the form of a recommendation to the Board for approval.
The Policy and Advisory Committee will be responsible for policy, research and oversight of the organisational policies.
The Committee will be composed of a minimum of three (3) persons. One of these persons must be an ex-Officio member or Secretary of the Board. The Board will designate the Chairperson of the Committee, who shall be a Director.The Committee will be open. The presence of two members, including the Chairperson, shall be necessary to constitute a quorum at meetings of the Committee.
- Members will serve from appointment until the re-striking of the committee. Should a vacancy occur on the Committee, for whatever reason, the committee chairperson may appoint a qualified person to fill that vacancy for the remainder of the vacant position’s term.
- Committee members will be appointed for a 12-month term which is renewable annually should they still be willing to serve.
- Committee members are required to be SAIBPP Members in good standing
- Committee members are required to sign and adopt the code of conduct and be well-versed with the committee’s terms of reference, strategic objectives and activities.
- The Board may remove any member of the Committee.
The Committee shall meet by telephone or in person monthly (minimum four times a year).Meetings will be called by the Chairperson and organised by the CEO.
The Committee will receive the necessary resources from the CEO to fulfil its mandate,and may from time to time have staff persons or external suppliers assigned to assist the Committee with its work.
- All policies and tasks requested by the Board or CEO assigned to the committee;
- Seek and/or receive input on all laws, policies and key documents requiring input and/or response and prepare for Board consideration any recommendations;
- In conjunction with the annual Strategic Plan, determine specific objectives and deliverables for the current year. These objectives and deliverables must be simple, measurable, time-bound, be aligned and part of SAIBPP annual programme.
The Board of Directors will evaluate the performance of the Committee. The performance of the committee will be assessed against the accomplishment of yearly objectives/deliverables. This review will take place immediately prior to the AGM.
The Committee will report to the Board, in writing, at every meeting of the Board. The Committee will report to Members at the Annual General Meeting, in the form of a written report.